Services for families - AEROPORTI DI ROMA
If you are travelling with your family, Fiumicino Airport has several family-friendly services available: pink parking, nurseries, play areas, family toilets, dedicated shopping opportunities, and restaurants with children’s menus.
Pink Parking Spaces
There are 85 courtesy parking spaces designed for departing families with children, for whom parking will be easier:
- 24 parking spaces wider than about one meter, marked by pink stripes on the sides, to allow the loading and unloading of the stroller and for an easier exit from the car;
- 61 standard parking spaces;
These are located on the 3rd floor of the multi-story P-Terminal D, a few steps from Terminals T1 and T3, connected by the pedestrian tunnel. The pink parking spaces are equipped with cameras in operation 24 hours a day, directly connected to the Operations Room (24 hours a day), an on call SOS system, automatic cash machines in the immediate vicinity for payment, and toilets on the floor or in the immediate vicinity.
Another ninety-seven courtesy parking spaces are at the Long Stay car park, Sector 1 (covered). Located near one of the stops of the free airport shuttle to the Terminals. Once you have parked the car in less than 10 minutes you are in front of the Terminals.
I!!! Customer Service is available in the car park; you can also contact it pressing the button on the automatic cash machines at the shuttle stops, or from the entrance / exit devices of the parking lot.
If you are travelling with a stroller, check with your airline company if you have to put it in the hold. If you do, make your way to the “Oversize Baggage” belt to check it in. If you don't, you can take it with you until boarding, where it will be taken by the baggage handler. If you are arriving, the stroller will be returned to you exiting the aircraft.
How to go through security
You are travelling with your children and would like to know which necessary products you can take with you on the journey. Here is some useful information to help you at security:
- Remember to remove children’s food items from your bag, including feeding bottles, milk, fruit juices, water and other drinks, baby food and soups you have prepared. Place the individual containers into the tray so that security staff can carry out the necessary checks faster and more easily
- Liquid foods, cream, gel and paste, for example drinks, soups and syrups, may be taken on board the aircraft after being checked, only if you are travelling with a child aged 10 years or younger.
What do I do with the stroller?
- Remove all accessories from it, such as the rain cover, games, and changing bag. Put everything into the tray and then onto the belt. Please remove your child from the stroller. You may have to carry the child. We will need to check the stroller, so please close it and ask security staff to help you place it into the x-ray machine
- If you are departing and have checked in proceed to the security control through the Family Lane.
Four nurseries are available for little ones, equipped with cots and changing tables. They are located near Gates A01, E11, and E44.
Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport in Rome is offering a new service to families and its youngest passengers. ADR has created two baby corners with children’s games in the Terminal 3 and Terminal 1 Arrivals Level, the baggage reclaim area. With colourful decorations, the spaces can be found near Belt 10 just after the Terminal 3 passport controls, near Belt 16 in Terminal 1.
In addition to the nurseries, there are also family toilets available at Fiumicino Airport. These toilets are dedicated to parents who are travelling with children and are equipped with all comforts. Additionally, to make little ones’ time in the airport more comfortable, there are changing tables and child-friendly washbasins in the airport bathrooms.
Services for little ones
Some airport restaurant points have high chairs available. If you cannot see one, please ask a member of staff.
If you need to heat a feeding bottle or baby food or sterilise a dummy, simply ask for assistance at the restaurant points.
More useful advice:
- When the aircraft is taking off or landing, help to balance out the changes in air pressure by giving your child a dummy or feeding bottle
- If your child has a cold, get some nasal drops to help balance out the changes in pressure by administering them half an hour before take-off and half an hour after landing
- Prepare a snack for the journey
- Dress your child in layers to solve problems of differing weather conditions between the place of departure, on board the air plane (air conditioning), and the place of arrival
- Your child’s feet may swell slightly due to the high altitude. We recommend that you remove your child’s shoes when on board