Airport management system - AEROPORTI DI ROMA
Aeroporti di Roma, in accordance with the requirements of Reg. (EC) 216/2008 and the corresponding Implementing Rules laid down in EU Regulation 139/14, is structured to ensure the security of all areas and to maintain the safety requirements of Ciampino airport operations.
Movement and Terminal Post Holder Area: is responsible for the movement of people and vehicles on the area used for aircraft movements and operations in airside areas. In addition, it is responsible for standard safety procedures and assistance to passengers at terminals and those which, for Safety purposes, concern the correlation of the Terminal with the aircraft.
The Safety Manager is responsible for the systematic management of the possible risks associated with the operations of the aircraft, to prevent potential events which could occur during the activities Airside, to guarantee that the highest safety standards are observed by the airport system.
Compliance Monitoring Manager
The Compliance Monitoring Manager is responsible for the verification, also through punctual audits, of the conformity with the regulatory requirements of the organisation and of certain processes of outside Subjects that are carried out in the areas dedicated to the movement of the aircraft.
Ciampino Airport and the Safety Committees
The Airport is a complex organisation where, in a common area, various Organisations and Companies work simultaneously. The importance of respecting rules and prescriptions in order to reduce the risk that could involve any aircraft and its occupants is a cultural approach that is periodically analysed and measured in the Aviation Safety Committees. The Committees, the Government Agencies and the Companies that operate at the airport, work in close coordination on a common objective: maintaining the safety of the aircraft operations at the Ciampino Airport.
- The Safety Committee: it is an Advisory Committee of the Ciampino Airport that has the purpose of promoting Safety themes and participation in the Safety Management System activities. It is composed of ADR, the Companies and the Government Agencies operating in the airport;
- The Safety Board: it is a Committee within ADR that has the objective of supporting the Accountable Manager in the continuous maintenance of the requirements necessary for the safety of the operations. It is composed of the Accountable Manager, the Post Holders, the Safety Manager, the Compliance Monitoring Manager and the Training Manager.
- The Emergency Response Committee: it is a decision-making Committee whose purpose is to check the emergency management procedures. It is composed of ADR, the Companies and the Government Agencies operating in the airport and other outside subjects such as Ares118, Civil Defence and possible other administrations which may be involved from time to time;
- The Local Runway Safety Team: it is a Final Committee that has the purpose of analysing and evaluating the operational safety of the runways, in order to reduce the phenomenon of runway incursion. It is composed of the Safety Manager, the Post Holders, the Compliance Monitoring Manager ENAV [Air Traffic Management], VVF [Fire Department], the leading airlines, the representatives of the pilots and air traffic controllers.
- The Safety Action Group: has the primary objective of implementing initiatives, projects and activities aimed at maintaining the safety requirements of the Ciampino Airport. It is composed of the Deputy Post Holders of the Ciampino Airport, specialised departments of ADR, depending on the subject being discussed